South Bay News
Caltrain commuter train strikes pedestrian
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- All trains are stopped in both directions at Menlo Park after a southbound train struck a pedestrian there this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Train 258 struck a pedestrian at 4:22 p.m., according to Jayme Ackemann.
All trains are holding in both directions while police respond to the scene.
SamTrans is providing buses to ferry Caltrain passengers and accepting Caltrain fares on all its buses after a train struck a pedestrian in Menlo Park this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Bus shuttles are carrying passengers to the Redwood City, Menlo Park and Palo Alto stations while Caltrain works to clear the tracks following the collision, Caltrain spokeswoman Jayme Ackemann said.
Northbound trains are turning back at Palo Alto and southbound trains are turning back at Redwood City, Ackemann said.
Samtrans is also accepting Caltrain fare media on all of its buses.
Southbound train 258 reported that it struck a pedestrian in the area of Menlo Park at 4:22 p.m. Ackemann said.
caltrain, traffic, samtrans, south bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 45 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 46 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos