South Bay News
Suspect shoots security guard at The Spot nightclub in Campbell
CAMPBELL, Calif. -- An employee at a Campbell nightclub was shot early this morning by a suspect who was among a group of people asked by club security to turn down their music, according to police
Police said the 33-year-old worker at The Spot nightclub at 201 Orchard City Drive was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive.
Officers responded just before 2 a.m. to reports of a shooting in the club's parking lot and found the victim, who was suffering from a gunshot wound.<P Police said the shooting happened after security personnel from The Spot asked a group of people in the parking lot to lower the volume of their music. <P After the shooting, the group of men and one woman fled in two cars described as a light colored newer model 4-door sedan and a dark colored late 1990s Chevrolet Camero. <P The group was last seen driving east on Orchard City Drive and remains at large. <P Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Campbell police at (408) 871-5190. Those who wish to remain anonymous may call Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at (408) 947-7867.
campbell, violence, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record 43 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 42 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday