South Bay News
Memorial to be held for worker killed in accident at Levi's Stadium
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The memorial for 61-year-old Edward Lake Jr. will be held at 1 p.m. at Paden Park in Vacaville on Saturday.
The truck driver worked for Gerdau in Napa and was killed when a bundle of rebar being unloaded by a forklift fell off the side of his truck and on top of him at about 6:30 a.m. October 14.
Lake's death is the second at Levi's Stadium. Don White, 63, was killed by the counterweight of an elevator on June 11. A spokeswoman says white was communicating with the operator and was aware the elevator was working. She says it's still somewhat of a mystery why he didn't move knowing the elevator was coming down toward him.
The Cal-OSHA is looking into the deaths of the two workers. The state agency says it has six months from the date of the accident to finish its investigation which means the report on Don White must be completed by December 11.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, construction, cal OSHA, Levi's Stadium, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 21 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 54 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case