South Bay News
SJ firefighters knock down 2-alarm duplex fire
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters have extinguished a two-alarm fire that sparked at a Victorian-style duplex in San Jose early this morning, fire dispatchers said.
The fire was reported at 5:08 a.m. in the first block of North 12th Street and was upgraded to a second alarm nine minutes later, according to a dispatcher.
The blaze was eventually extinguished nearly an hour later at 6:03 a.m., a dispatcher said.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 10 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 33 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos