South Bay News
SJ firefighters knock down 2-alarm duplex fire
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters have extinguished a two-alarm fire that sparked at a Victorian-style duplex in San Jose early this morning, fire dispatchers said.
The fire was reported at 5:08 a.m. in the first block of North 12th Street and was upgraded to a second alarm nine minutes later, according to a dispatcher.
The blaze was eventually extinguished nearly an hour later at 6:03 a.m., a dispatcher said.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 28 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 11 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 4 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday