South Bay News
Day care worker arrested for showing up to work drunk
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- A woman was arrested after she allegedly showed up drunk to her job at a Morgan Hill day care center on Monday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the P A Walsh Child Development Center at 353 W. Main Ave. at about 7 a.m. after 58-year-old employee Anna Marie Lopez showed signs of being under the influence of alcohol while she was taking care of children, according to Morgan Hill police.
Lopez, who has worked at the center for 10 years, was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of child endangerment, according to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Morgan Hill police at (408) 779-2101 or anonymously to (408) 947-7867.
morgan hill, children, alcohol, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos