South Bay News
Day care worker arrested for showing up to work drunk
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- A woman was arrested after she allegedly showed up drunk to her job at a Morgan Hill day care center on Monday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the P A Walsh Child Development Center at 353 W. Main Ave. at about 7 a.m. after 58-year-old employee Anna Marie Lopez showed signs of being under the influence of alcohol while she was taking care of children, according to Morgan Hill police.
Lopez, who has worked at the center for 10 years, was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of child endangerment, according to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Morgan Hill police at (408) 779-2101 or anonymously to (408) 947-7867.
morgan hill, children, alcohol, south bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
40 min ago