South Bay News
Sunnyvale mother to reunite with baby in Arizona
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- A Sunnyvale mother is looking forward to reuniting with her two-week-old son. The child was found safe and sound yesterday in Mexico after he was abdcuted by his father. Patricia Romero will fly out to Arizona to be reunited with the boy.
"I'm really happy and thankful for police and people who helped me find my baby," said Romero.
Henry Guler-Romero is being cared for by Child Protective Services in Arizona. His father and Romero's boyfriend 22-year-old Mesut Guler was captured at a checkpoint yesterday afternoon with the baby.
Police say the father abducted the child Tuesday afternoon and sent Romero a text message threatening to harm himself and the baby if she called police. Guler's cellphone signal was picked up in San Diego early yesterday morning, but he somehow got past border patrol. He was caught about 300 miles away across the border from Lukeville, Arizona.
Guler is being held by Arizona authorities until the Santa Clara County district attorney can extradite him back to the Bay Area. He appeared in an Arizona courtroom Thursday and is scheduled to have an extradition hearing as early as Friday.
Officials have filed kidnapping and parental abduction felony charges against him.
sunnyvale, children, crime, missing person, mexico, south bay news, matt keller
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos