South Bay News
SJPD investigating 40th homicide of the year
SAN JOSE -- A man was killed Tuesday evening in what San Jose police say was the city's 40th homicide.
Officers responded to the 2100 block of San Antonio Street at 6:08 p.m. in response to a report of a disturbance, police Sgt. Heather Randol said.
They arrived and found the victim, who was unresponsive. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 7 p.m., police said.
The circumstances of the death remain under investigation, and no arrests have been made in the case, Randol said.
The victim's name has not yet been released because his family is still being notified of his death, according to police.
san jose, SJPD, crime, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 7 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos