South Bay News
SJ boy holds bake sales to raise money for typhoon victims
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A little boy in the South Bay who felt compelled to help typhoon victims came up with a sweet idea.
Miles Lu organized two neighborhood bake sales this weekend with money raised going to help typhoon victims.
All the treats were donated by neighbors.
The 8-year-old's two fundraising events brought in just over $900.
His parents matched that amount, so they're sending a total of $1,816 to the International Rescue Committee.
Impressive work, Miles!
san jose, children, fundraiser, food, philippines, storm, south bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case