South Bay News
San Jose police investigate fatal shooting on Goldenrain Drive
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Jose are investigating a fatal shooting that took place early Sunday morning, a spokeswoman said.
Officers responded to a 911 call reporting a man shot in the 100 block of Goldenrain Drive at about 3:05 a.m., San Jose police Sgt. Heather Randol said.
Arriving officers found the victim who had been shot at least once, Randol said.
The man died at the scene at around 3:55 a.m., she said.
No arrests have been made, and no suspect information was available on Sunday morning.
Police had not determined whether the incident was gang related.
The case is San Jose's 42nd homicide in 2013.
violence, shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 1 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed