South Bay News
Two wounded after shooting in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- San Jose police are investigating an early morning shooting that wounded two people.
An 18-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were sitting on the front porch of a home on State Street when a man, described only as an adult Hispanic male, walked up, yelled something, and opened fire with a handgun.
Police said the suspect fired half a dozen shots and hit the man four times; the man is suffering from non-life threatening injuries. The woman was hit in the foot with a bullet fragment.
Witnesses say a car drove by around the time of shooting and police are not able to say whether that shooting was involved. The shooter was on foot when he fired the shot and he took off on foot.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news, katie marzullo
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 52 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
9 min ago