South Bay News
San Jose council names Esquivel new police chief
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose's City Council officially named a new police chief Tuesday.
City leaders have given the nod to acting Chief Larry Esquivel. He's replacing Chief Chris Moore who retired back in January.
During Esquivel's tenure with the department, the city's gang suppression unit was resurrected and played a large part in a successful summer crackdown on gang activity.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos