South Bay News
Man crossing Bascom Avenue in SJ killed by hit-and-run driver
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A pedestrian was killed by a hit-and-run driver in San Jose early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The victim, a 48-year-old San Jose man, was walking west across Bascom Avenue south of Scott Street when he was hit by a car traveling north on Bascom, CHP officials said.
The driver fled after the collision, and the CHP was contacted at 12:45 a.m. when a witness spotted the victim lying motionless in the roadway.
He was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, where he died of his injuries at about 3:30 a.m. today.
Investigators do not yet have a description of the car or the driver, and the victim's name has not yet been released.
hit and run, san jose, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 29 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 33 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown