South Bay News
Sketch released of Campbell attempted rape and robbery suspect
CAMPBELL, Calif. (KGO) -- The Campbell Police Department is asking for your help identifying the man in a sketch who's wanted for attempted rape and robbery.
Police say the suspect grabbed a woman walking along Sunnyoaks Avenue near Winchester Boulevard just after midnight Thursday.
The suspect reportedly pulled the victim behind a car and started to sexually assault her, when she burned him on the left cheek with a cigarette. It is believed that the suspect may now have injuries associated with the burn.
Police say he threatened her with a gun, tried to rob her, then ran away. The victim flagged down a passerby who chased the suspect. He was last seen running northbound in an alleyway on Sobrato Drive.
Anyone who may have witnessed the event or recognizes the suspect is asked to contact the Campbell Police Department Investigations Unit at 408-871-5190. Those wishing to remain anonymous can also contact the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at 408-947-STOP (7867).
campbell, sex crimes, crime, violence, cigarettes, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 34 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van 9 min ago
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos