South Bay News
Man died trying to help save man on Caltrain tracks
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- ABC7 News has learned that the man struck and killed by a Caltrain earlier this week was trying to help another man off the tracks.
Philip Scholz, 35, of Pleasanton was hit at the Santa Clara station Monday night.
Investigators looked at surveillance video. They say Scholz reached for the man on the tracks and both were hit by an express train. Scholz died on the tracks.
The other victim remains in the hospital with multiple fractures. He is not yet able to talk to investigators.
caltrain, santa clara, pedestrian struck, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 57 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos