South Bay News
Suspicious devices near playground in Santa Clara investigated
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara police are still investigating a couple of suspicious devices discovered near a playground Saturday morning.
Some parents taking their kids to T-ball practice at Machado Park noticed two objects lying on the ground near a tree. They say about 50 kids were playing nearby.
One parent described the objects as two painted cement heads; one attached to a shotgun shell and the other a large firecracker with nails sticking out of it.
Officers checked out the devices. They did not evacuate the area but they did close the park for a short time to detonate the devices.
santa clara, children, suspicious package, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd 49 min ago
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos