South Bay News
Suspicious devices near playground in Santa Clara investigated
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara police are still investigating a couple of suspicious devices discovered near a playground Saturday morning.
Some parents taking their kids to T-ball practice at Machado Park noticed two objects lying on the ground near a tree. They say about 50 kids were playing nearby.
One parent described the objects as two painted cement heads; one attached to a shotgun shell and the other a large firecracker with nails sticking out of it.
Officers checked out the devices. They did not evacuate the area but they did close the park for a short time to detonate the devices.
santa clara, children, suspicious package, south bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 24 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 5 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 21 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 9 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
24 min ago