South Bay News
49ers fan stands up for Joe Montana at council meeting
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A 49ers fan stole the show at a Santa Clara City Council meeting Tuesday night.
Dorothy Rosa, a passionate 49ers fan, stepped up to the microphone to show her support for former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana's plans for a hotel near the new stadium.
"The owner of this hotel is a man who made history for all of us. After all, he is the greatest quarterback of all times," said Dorothy Rosa.
Rosa then asked for a handshake from Montana who was sitting in the back of the chambers. Instead, she got a hug as the crowd cheered.
The City Council unanimously approved the preliminary deal with Montana and his partners.
Final approval should come sometime next November.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday