South Bay News
49ers fan stands up for Joe Montana at council meeting
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- A 49ers fan stole the show at a Santa Clara City Council meeting Tuesday night.
Dorothy Rosa, a passionate 49ers fan, stepped up to the microphone to show her support for former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana's plans for a hotel near the new stadium.
"The owner of this hotel is a man who made history for all of us. After all, he is the greatest quarterback of all times," said Dorothy Rosa.
Rosa then asked for a handshake from Montana who was sitting in the back of the chambers. Instead, she got a hug as the crowd cheered.
The City Council unanimously approved the preliminary deal with Montana and his partners.
Final approval should come sometime next November.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, south bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 58 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday