South Bay News
One person killed in San Jose house fire
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- One person has died in a two-alarm in San Jose's Buena Vista neighborhood Tuesday morning, a fire captain said.
The fire was reported at Willard Avenue and Douglas Street around 12:15 a.m., Capt. Rob Brown said.
A structure to the rear of a residence was "heavily involved" in flames, Brown said.
The blaze was in close proximity to an apartment building to the left and another residence to the right, according to Brown.
Once the fire was extinguished firefighters entered the structure and located a person declared dead at the scene, he said.
Brown did not know whether the victim was an adult or juvenile. San Jose police and an arson investigator were called the scene, Brown said.
Another person was transported for unknown injuries, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire was under control by 1:47 a.m., the dispatcher said.
san jose, fire, arson, south bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 1 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 39 min ago
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos