Ventura County News
Newbury Park financial planner accused of embezzlement
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. -- A Newbury Park financial planner was arrested for allegedly embezzling money from an elderly client.
Last October, a family member of the victim contacted the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, saying Rod Hormell was embezzling money from the 89-year-old victim. Hormell was working as the victim's financial planner at the time.
Upon further investigation, detectives found sufficient evidence to arrest Hormell for financial elder abuse and money laundering. The 56-year-old was arrested on Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Broadbeck Drive in Newbury Park.
Authorities fear there may be more victims. If you have further information about Hormell, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, ventura county news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 1 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 38 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case