Ventura County News
Newbury Park financial planner accused of embezzlement
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. -- A Newbury Park financial planner was arrested for allegedly embezzling money from an elderly client.
Last October, a family member of the victim contacted the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, saying Rod Hormell was embezzling money from the 89-year-old victim. Hormell was working as the victim's financial planner at the time.
Upon further investigation, detectives found sufficient evidence to arrest Hormell for financial elder abuse and money laundering. The 56-year-old was arrested on Tuesday at his home in the 900 block of Broadbeck Drive in Newbury Park.
Authorities fear there may be more victims. If you have further information about Hormell, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
arrest, ventura county news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 18 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 50 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
27 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos