Ventura County News
Teen injured, arrested in stolen vehicle crash in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. -- Ventura Police apprehended two youths Monday, arresting one teenager for possession of a stolen vehicle.
Police received a call from the victim of a car theft who said they received information that the vehicle was seen in the parking lot of the Mission Bell Motel on the 3200 block of Main Street.
Responding officers found the vehicle there. They watched two people, a 15-year-old juvenile and 18-year-old Ventura resident Jordan Chavez, enter the vehicle and drive away.
Chavez, who was driving, attempted to flee from patrol units on Telegraph Avenue, lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree.
Chavez attempted to flee on foot but was caught by officers a short distance away. The juvenile also attempted to flee on foot but became stuck between the passenger door and the tree as the rolling car came to a stop.
Ventura City Fire personnel were summoned to help free the juvenile, who was hospitalized with minor injuries to his leg. Chavez was also treated at Ventura County Medical Center for minor injuries sustained in the collision.
Chavez was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle, hit and run causing serious injury, and vandalism. The juvenile was not charged.
arrest, pursuit, ventura county news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday