Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks carjacking suspect arrested
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- A man who attempted to give a stranger a ride home was assaulted and carjacked by the suspect in Thousand Oaks.
The incident happened overnight Saturday. Authorities received a call of man walking in the 2200 block of Dawn Court at approximately 2:50 a.m.
Responding deputies were alerted that the man had injuries on his face and was reportedly requesting assistance from residents.
During the investigation, deputies learned the victim had been carjacked by a suspect, identified as Robert Brian Joyce. The victim had met Joyce a few hours earlier and had agreed to give the suspect a ride home. The unidentified victim said Joyce pointed a handgun at him while in the car and directed him where to drive.
When he stopped his vehicle, the victim said Joyce assaulted him and then drove off in his car.
Around 4:10 p.m. Saturday, patrol deputies stopped Joyce after they spotted him driving another vehicle near Janss and Montgomery roads. The suspect was taken into custody. The stolen vehicle was also later recovered.
Joyce was booked for carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon involving a firearm and kidnapping at the Ventura County Jail. He is being held on $125,000 bail pending his arraignment.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 35 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
31 min ago