Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks carjacking suspect arrested
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- A man who attempted to give a stranger a ride home was assaulted and carjacked by the suspect in Thousand Oaks.
The incident happened overnight Saturday. Authorities received a call of man walking in the 2200 block of Dawn Court at approximately 2:50 a.m.
Responding deputies were alerted that the man had injuries on his face and was reportedly requesting assistance from residents.
During the investigation, deputies learned the victim had been carjacked by a suspect, identified as Robert Brian Joyce. The victim had met Joyce a few hours earlier and had agreed to give the suspect a ride home. The unidentified victim said Joyce pointed a handgun at him while in the car and directed him where to drive.
When he stopped his vehicle, the victim said Joyce assaulted him and then drove off in his car.
Around 4:10 p.m. Saturday, patrol deputies stopped Joyce after they spotted him driving another vehicle near Janss and Montgomery roads. The suspect was taken into custody. The stolen vehicle was also later recovered.
Joyce was booked for carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon involving a firearm and kidnapping at the Ventura County Jail. He is being held on $125,000 bail pending his arraignment.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 10 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 25 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 12 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 21 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 32 min ago