Ventura County News
Simi Valley considers banning donation bins
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. -- The city of Simi Valley will consider whether to ban certain unattended donation bins.
The city council was scheduled to consider introducing an ordinance to eliminate so-called "satellite bins" at a Monday night meeting.
City official say they see more and more of them and the bins can become overflowing eyesores.
The donation bins could still stand in or outside nonprofit facilities, and bins for recyclable items would be permitted.
ventura county news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 14 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 36 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four 59 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home 42 min ago
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday