Ventura County News
Simi Valley considers banning donation bins
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. -- The city of Simi Valley will consider whether to ban certain unattended donation bins.
The city council was scheduled to consider introducing an ordinance to eliminate so-called "satellite bins" at a Monday night meeting.
City official say they see more and more of them and the bins can become overflowing eyesores.
The donation bins could still stand in or outside nonprofit facilities, and bins for recyclable items would be permitted.
ventura county news
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 13 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 41 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 45 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
9 min ago