Ventura County News
Hiker rescued after suffering seizure, injury
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- A dramatic rescue took place Sunday in Thousand Oaks.
A hiker fell and injured her head after suffering a seizure near the upper waterfall of Wildwood Park.
The victim's friends used their cell phones to call for help around 4:20 p.m. Ventura County firefighters reached the woman after driving through dirt roads and hiking up a single-track trail.
Crews then airlifted the victim and transported her to Los Robles Hospital where she was treated for her injuries.
Her name was not released.
ventura county news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
39 min ago