Ventura County News
Oxnard man arrested for stabbing 17-year-old
OXNARD, Calif. -- A 40-year-old man was arrested for allegedly stabbing a 17-year-old during a fight in an Oxnard parking lot Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a stabbing around 7:06 p.m. on the 4700 block of Reeder Avenue. At the scene, authorities found a 17-year-old victim suffering from a stab wound in his right arm.
During the investigation, the underage victim informed officers he had been involved in a fight 20 minutes earlier in a parking lot in the 1200 block of Saviers Road.
Investigators searched the area and shortly located the suspect, identified as Sonsner Sailas, 40, of Oxnard. Sailas was taken into custody without incident and booked at the Ventura County Jail.
The victim was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment and shortly released.
It's unclear what led to the fight or the stabbing.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support 2 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
34 min ago