Ventura County News
Camino Real Park closed due to sewage spill
VENTURA, Calif. -- Part of Camino Real Park in Ventura will remain closed Wednesday following a big sewage spill.
Authorities say a clogged sewage line caused 2,000 gallons of sewage to spill out of a manhole at the park Tuesday.
It took workers about an hour to stop the spill.
The closure will stay in place to ensure people and animals avoid contact with the remaining sewage.
ventura county news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record 28 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 36 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 2 min ago
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday