Ventura County News
3 teens arrested after pot-laced chocolate hospitalizes student
EL RIO, Calif. -- A 19-year-old man was arrested Wednesday for furnishing marijuana-laced chocolate to a minor who then sold the product to another minor.
A 15-year-old female student at Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard was hospitalized after ingesting the chocolate. The girl was discovered unresponsive and incoherent on the school campus about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. She was transported to Saint John's Hospital, where she was treated, released and later arrested.
Ventura County sheriff's investigators determined 19-year-old Kelvin Rodriguez gave the marijuana-laced chocolate to a 14-year-old male juvenile, who then sold the brownie to the 15-year-old girl. She then reportedly shared it with three other juvenile students.
Rodriguez, who had an outstanding felony warrant, was arrested Wednesday at his residence for sales of marijuana and using a minor to sell a controlled substance. The 14-year-old male juvenile was arrested for sales of marijuana. The female student was arrested for furnishing marijuana.
Rodriguez was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail. The male juvenile was booked at the Juvenile Justice Center.
arrest, marijuana, ventura county news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos