Ventura County News
3 teens arrested after pot-laced chocolate hospitalizes student
EL RIO, Calif. -- A 19-year-old man was arrested Wednesday for furnishing marijuana-laced chocolate to a minor who then sold the product to another minor.
A 15-year-old female student at Rio Mesa High School in Oxnard was hospitalized after ingesting the chocolate. The girl was discovered unresponsive and incoherent on the school campus about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday. She was transported to Saint John's Hospital, where she was treated, released and later arrested.
Ventura County sheriff's investigators determined 19-year-old Kelvin Rodriguez gave the marijuana-laced chocolate to a 14-year-old male juvenile, who then sold the brownie to the 15-year-old girl. She then reportedly shared it with three other juvenile students.
Rodriguez, who had an outstanding felony warrant, was arrested Wednesday at his residence for sales of marijuana and using a minor to sell a controlled substance. The 14-year-old male juvenile was arrested for sales of marijuana. The female student was arrested for furnishing marijuana.
Rodriguez was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail. The male juvenile was booked at the Juvenile Justice Center.
arrest, marijuana, ventura county news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos