Ventura County News
Suspect dead, 2 cops injured in motel shooting
VENTURA, Calif. -- Two Ventura Police officers were injured and a suspect was killed in a shooting at a motel Thursday night.
Ventura Police officers responded to an employee's call of a man disturbing the peace at a Motel 6 on Harbor Boulevard.
According to Ventura Police Department Asst. Chief David Wilson, the officers made some kind of contact with the suspect before the suspect got into a vehicle and ran over one officer and struck the other. The officers were able to fire at the man. The man was declared dead at the scene.
Both the officers were injured and were hospitalized. One of the officers has been treated and released from the hospital, while the other is being evaluated.
An eyewitness said multiple gunshots were fired.
The investigation was ongoing. The suspect has not been identified.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Ventura Police Dept. at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, ventura county news, melissa macbride
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Crews control two-alarm grass fire in San Jose
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack 45 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 49ers Michael Crabtree tears right Achilles tendon
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos