Ventura County News
Suspect dead, 2 cops injured in motel shooting
VENTURA, Calif. -- Two Ventura Police officers were injured and a suspect was killed in a shooting at a motel Thursday night.
Ventura Police officers responded to an employee's call of a man disturbing the peace at a Motel 6 on Harbor Boulevard.
According to Ventura Police Department Asst. Chief David Wilson, the officers made some kind of contact with the suspect before the suspect got into a vehicle and ran over one officer and struck the other. The officers were able to fire at the man. The man was declared dead at the scene.
Both the officers were injured and were hospitalized. One of the officers has been treated and released from the hospital, while the other is being evaluated.
An eyewitness said multiple gunshots were fired.
The investigation was ongoing. The suspect has not been identified.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Ventura Police Dept. at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, ventura county news, melissa macbride
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders 59 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 5 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 55 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday