Ventura County News
Suspect dead, 2 cops injured in motel shooting
VENTURA, Calif. -- Two Ventura Police officers were injured and a suspect was killed in a shooting at a motel Thursday night.
Ventura Police officers responded to an employee's call of a man disturbing the peace at a Motel 6 on Harbor Boulevard.
According to Ventura Police Department Asst. Chief David Wilson, the officers made some kind of contact with the suspect before the suspect got into a vehicle and ran over one officer and struck the other. The officers were able to fire at the man. The man was declared dead at the scene.
Both the officers were injured and were hospitalized. One of the officers has been treated and released from the hospital, while the other is being evaluated.
An eyewitness said multiple gunshots were fired.
The investigation was ongoing. The suspect has not been identified.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Ventura Police Dept. at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, ventura county news, melissa macbride
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos