Ventura County News
Ventura alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
VENTURA, Calif. -- Two people were busted in a sting targeting people buying alcohol for minors after police set-up underage decoys in Ventura Friday.
The decoys asked people entering a store to buy them alcohol. Michael Lucero, 57, and Jansen Drexler, 27, both of Ventura, furnished alcohol to the decoy and were placed under arrest.
Operation "Shoulder Tap" is sponsored by the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control and involves nearly 100 law enforcement agencies in the state of California.
The penalty for furnishing alcohol to a minor is a minimum $1,000 fine plus 24 hours of community service.
The most recent alcohol related crash statistics show that 107 Californians under the age of 21 died in alcohol related crashes in 2010.
arrest, ventura county news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos