Ventura County News
Ventura alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
VENTURA, Calif. -- Two people were busted in a sting targeting people buying alcohol for minors after police set-up underage decoys in Ventura Friday.
The decoys asked people entering a store to buy them alcohol. Michael Lucero, 57, and Jansen Drexler, 27, both of Ventura, furnished alcohol to the decoy and were placed under arrest.
Operation "Shoulder Tap" is sponsored by the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control and involves nearly 100 law enforcement agencies in the state of California.
The penalty for furnishing alcohol to a minor is a minimum $1,000 fine plus 24 hours of community service.
The most recent alcohol related crash statistics show that 107 Californians under the age of 21 died in alcohol related crashes in 2010.
arrest, ventura county news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
54 min ago