Dad threatens to kill daughter's bullies on bus
FLORIDA (KGO) -- A father boarded his 11-year old daughter's school bus in central Florida to confront her alleged bullies.
She has cerebral palsy, and James Jones says some kids on the bus had been taunting her, hitting her and had even thrown condoms at her. He brought her on board and asked her to point them out.
"Everybody sit down. Everybody sit down," Jones said on the surveillance tape. He then orders his 11-year-old daughter to point out her alleged tormenters. "Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.
"I'm gonna (expletive) you up -- this is my daughter, and I will kill the (expletive) who fought her," Jones said.
Jones reportedly threatened not only the students but the bus driver as well.
"If anything happens to my daughter I'm going to (expletive) you up and everybody on this (expletive)," he said. Before leaving, he dares them to call the police. "You call the police, call them. My brother's the damn deputy sheriff."
Jones was later arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function.
Jones defended his actions after being released on bail. "My daughter is not going to be hazed and beat up and touched on like what they've done, ok," he said.
His attorney says he was only trying to protect his daughter, who is on suicide watch.
One mother says it's not fair that her child is scared to ride the bus after the incident.
Police are investigating the allegations of bullying, and those children could face charges of their own.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes 5 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 34 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos