US hikers detained in Iran get trial date
IRAN (KGO) -- The two UC Berkeley grads being held in Iran have a trial date.
Iran's official news agency reports that Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer will appear before the Revolution Court on November 6.
Fattal and Bauer, along with Sarah Shourd, were arrested near the Iran-Iraq border a year ago. She was released in September.
A classified U.S. report leaked on Friday suggests that Iranians crossed the border into Iraq to arrest the three Americans.
iran, detained hikers, oakland, national/world
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos