US hikers detained in Iran get trial date
IRAN (KGO) -- The two UC Berkeley grads being held in Iran have a trial date.
Iran's official news agency reports that Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer will appear before the Revolution Court on November 6.
Fattal and Bauer, along with Sarah Shourd, were arrested near the Iran-Iraq border a year ago. She was released in September.
A classified U.S. report leaked on Friday suggests that Iranians crossed the border into Iraq to arrest the three Americans.
iran, detained hikers, oakland, national/world
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire