Detained hikers phone home over Thanksgiving
Two American hikers detained in Iran spoke to their families over the Thanksgiving holiday on the phone. It's only the second they've talked in more than a year.
Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal called home on Saturday morning and the families say the conversations lasted about five minutes each and focused on the increasing isolation.
They and a third hiker, Sarah Shourd are charged with spying and have a Feb. 6 trial date in Iran. Shourd was released in September.
The three former UC graduates were arrested near the Iran-Iraq border in 2009 and they claim they were just hiking.
detained hikers, iran, national/world
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 1 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 31 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 19 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos