When walking Bo, Obama scoops poop
ARLINGTON, Va. -- He may be leader of the free world, but when he takes his dog for a walk, President Barack Obama says he bends down to do the nasty work of cleaning up like anyone else.
Answering questions Friday from youngsters at an elementary school, Obama described going for nighttime walks with first dog Bo on the White House South Lawn. He says that's fun. But, Obama says, "Sometimes I have to scoop up his poop, because I don't want to just leave it in the lawn!"
The response from the kids: "Eeeewww!"
Obama admonished them: "If you guys have a dog, you've got to walk your dog, too -- and clean up after him."
animal, white house, barack obama, national/world
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 49 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 15 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 40 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos