When walking Bo, Obama scoops poop
ARLINGTON, Va. -- He may be leader of the free world, but when he takes his dog for a walk, President Barack Obama says he bends down to do the nasty work of cleaning up like anyone else.
Answering questions Friday from youngsters at an elementary school, Obama described going for nighttime walks with first dog Bo on the White House South Lawn. He says that's fun. But, Obama says, "Sometimes I have to scoop up his poop, because I don't want to just leave it in the lawn!"
The response from the kids: "Eeeewww!"
Obama admonished them: "If you guys have a dog, you've got to walk your dog, too -- and clean up after him."
animal, white house, barack obama, national/world
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch 34 min ago
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5 19 min ago
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0 20 min ago
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
58 min ago