Prince Charles to meet with Obama
WASHINGTON D.C. (KGO) -- Prince Charles will meet with President Obama Wednesday afternoon at the White House.
It's the second day of his three-day tour of Washington D.C. On Wednesday morning, he visited with injured soldiers and thanked them for what they do. It was part of a Wounded Warriors event at the British ambassador's residence.
Later, the environmental advocate was the main speaker at a conference on sustainable food at Georgetown University.
"We have to maintain a healthy food at affordable prices when there is mounting pressure on nearly every element affecting the process," said Prince Charles.
The prince and his wife, Camilla, visited the Bay Area back in 2005, making a stop at the Ferry Building in San Francisco to promote organic farming and environmental issues. The Washington D.C. trip is the first since he became father of the groom at Prince William's wedding.
He made a brief reference to the wedding last week during this morning speech, saying this was a nice change from making embarrassing speeches about his eldest son during wedding receptions.
barack obama, white house, national/world
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 43 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 10 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 51 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 59 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
59 min ago
- Frigid temps cause pipes to burst, heaters...
12 min ago