Prince Charles to meet with Obama
WASHINGTON D.C. (KGO) -- Prince Charles will meet with President Obama Wednesday afternoon at the White House.
It's the second day of his three-day tour of Washington D.C. On Wednesday morning, he visited with injured soldiers and thanked them for what they do. It was part of a Wounded Warriors event at the British ambassador's residence.
Later, the environmental advocate was the main speaker at a conference on sustainable food at Georgetown University.
"We have to maintain a healthy food at affordable prices when there is mounting pressure on nearly every element affecting the process," said Prince Charles.
The prince and his wife, Camilla, visited the Bay Area back in 2005, making a stop at the Ferry Building in San Francisco to promote organic farming and environmental issues. The Washington D.C. trip is the first since he became father of the groom at Prince William's wedding.
He made a brief reference to the wedding last week during this morning speech, saying this was a nice change from making embarrassing speeches about his eldest son during wedding receptions.
barack obama, white house, national/world
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 40 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
36 min ago