Merchandise capitalizes on bin Laden's death
raw video: President Obama announces Bin Laden's death
Never underestimate the power of capitalism. Within hours after Osama bin Laden was killed, entrepreneurs jumped at the chance to make money from his death.
Marketers are selling t-shirts, coffee mugs and other merchandise memorializing and even celebrating bin Laden's killing.
There are tote bags, baseball caps, even doggie t-shirts with statements like "we got him" and "the end of Osama."
One website reports it has sold hundreds of t-shirts for $20 apiece, showing stick figures of a victorious American standing over bin Laden's body.
osama bin laden, afghanistan war, terrorism, al qaida, national/world
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 8 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 5 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos