Merchandise capitalizes on bin Laden's death
raw video: President Obama announces Bin Laden's death
Never underestimate the power of capitalism. Within hours after Osama bin Laden was killed, entrepreneurs jumped at the chance to make money from his death.
Marketers are selling t-shirts, coffee mugs and other merchandise memorializing and even celebrating bin Laden's killing.
There are tote bags, baseball caps, even doggie t-shirts with statements like "we got him" and "the end of Osama."
One website reports it has sold hundreds of t-shirts for $20 apiece, showing stick figures of a victorious American standing over bin Laden's body.
osama bin laden, afghanistan war, terrorism, al qaida, national/world
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 48 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 22 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Fresno police seek suspects in teacher's shooting 2 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday