Report: Gadhafi urged rape of Libyan women
TRIPOLI, Libya (KGO) -- There are new, disturbing charges that soldiers may have given drugs to sexually assault wome who oppose the Libyan government.
The International Criminal Court is investigating whether Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi is providing Viagra-like drugs to soldiers to promote the rape of women who oppose the government.
The chief prosecutor's office says witnesses confirm the Libyan government was buying containers of the drugs.
NATO stepped up air strikes on Wednesday as Gadhafi responded with renewed attacks on the rebel-held city of Misrata.
libya, NATO, national/world
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 38 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 49 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 53 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 50 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 6 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 20 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 28 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the...
52 min ago