Sketches of Flight 93 memorial released
SHANKSVILLE, Penn. (KGO) -- The National Park Service has released several new architectural drawings of the Flight 93 memorial being built in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
The memorial is set to be dedicated in time for this fall's September 11th attacks anniversary.
A close-up image of the drawings reveal a pair of white marble walls framing the entrance to a walkway. Another sketch shows an open-air concrete entrance to the memorial.
United Airlines Flight 93 was en route to San Francisco from Newark, New Jersey when it crashed in an open field during an attempted terrorist hijacking.
september 11th, united airlines, national/world
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 2 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 4 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos