Entire Apple stores being faked in China
BEIJING -- China, a country known for its rampant piracy, has now reached a new milestone -- fake Apple stores.
An American blogger who lives in Kunming in southern Yunnan province said Thursday that she stumbled on three shops masquerading as bona fide Apple stores a few days ago.
She says the employees told her they worked for Apple. She posted photos online showing the employees wearing blue Apple T-shirts.
Apple has four company stores in China as well as various authorized resellers, who are not allowed to be Apple replicas.
The manager of one authorized seller in Kunming, who gave only his surname Zhang, says some staff in the fake stores "can't even operate computers properly."
Apple's Asia office based in Beijing would not comment.
apple, china, national/world
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos