Panda from China gives birth to female cub
CHINA (KGO) -- One of China's older female pandas gave birth to a female cub at the Chengdu Giant Panda Protection and Research Center. Li Li is 19-years-old, an incredible age for becoming a mom, considering pandas' average life span is 25 years.
She was artificially inseminated. The newborn weighs 5.6 ounces and hasn't yet developed the trademark black and white fur it'll get later on.
The staff says both mom and baby are doing well.
china, animal, endangered species, national/world
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 1 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 5 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point? 48 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos