Air conditioned clothing becomes cool in Japan
Summer can also be sweltering in Tokyo and it's particularly bad this year.
There are power shortages because of the problems at the Fukushima Diachi Power Plant. So a lot of offices and other buildings are using their air conditioners less.
That's created a boom for the man who invented air conditioned clothing. The jackets come with a pair of battery-operated fans on the sides.
The clothes are getting more popular with office workers, but they also go over well with construction workers and road crews, among others.
japan quake, national/world
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 48 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue 39 min ago
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 43 min ago
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 50 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 26 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday