Air conditioned clothing becomes cool in Japan
Summer can also be sweltering in Tokyo and it's particularly bad this year.
There are power shortages because of the problems at the Fukushima Diachi Power Plant. So a lot of offices and other buildings are using their air conditioners less.
That's created a boom for the man who invented air conditioned clothing. The jackets come with a pair of battery-operated fans on the sides.
The clothes are getting more popular with office workers, but they also go over well with construction workers and road crews, among others.
japan quake, national/world
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday