Southwest airline jets vandalized
Federal agents want to know who is vandalizing Southwest Airline planes with what appears to be Arabic messages.
Arabic-type symbols have mysteriously appeared on several Southwest jets in recent weeks. The writings are painted on with chemicals that only show when the pilot turns on the plane's engine and the aircraft heats up. The FBI and TSA call the crime 'sophisticated".
Southwest is working with authorities to find out who's responsible. However, they say this is not a safety issue.
southwest airlines, national/world
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday