Attorney: Passport seized after defending hikers
TEHRAN, Iran (KGO) -- An attorney who defended three American hikers in Iran says authorities have taken away his passport and seized his files.
Masoud Shafiee is one of the lawyers who represented Shane Bauer, Josh Fattal and Sarah Shourd after they were accused of spying in 2009.
All have since been allowed to return to the United States.
The attorney says his home was searched and he was taken to Evin Prison for questioning after Bauer and Fattal were released last month.
detained hikers, iran, national/world
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 38 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
38 min ago