Attorney: Passport seized after defending hikers
TEHRAN, Iran (KGO) -- An attorney who defended three American hikers in Iran says authorities have taken away his passport and seized his files.
Masoud Shafiee is one of the lawyers who represented Shane Bauer, Josh Fattal and Sarah Shourd after they were accused of spying in 2009.
All have since been allowed to return to the United States.
The attorney says his home was searched and he was taken to Evin Prison for questioning after Bauer and Fattal were released last month.
detained hikers, iran, national/world
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos