Attorney: Passport seized after defending hikers
TEHRAN, Iran (KGO) -- An attorney who defended three American hikers in Iran says authorities have taken away his passport and seized his files.
Masoud Shafiee is one of the lawyers who represented Shane Bauer, Josh Fattal and Sarah Shourd after they were accused of spying in 2009.
All have since been allowed to return to the United States.
The attorney says his home was searched and he was taken to Evin Prison for questioning after Bauer and Fattal were released last month.
detained hikers, iran, national/world
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos