Drunk dad allowed 9-year-old daughter to drive van
MICHIGAN (KGO) -- A Michigan man is being ordered to stay away from his 9-year-old daughter after admitting to letting her drive his van because he was drunk. The incident happened October 8 at 3:00 in the morning at a gas station. It was caught on a surveillance camera.
A witness alerted police that a little girl was pulling up next to the pumps with her dad in the seat beside her. Police followed the vehicle and found the girl driving on a booster seat.
"She indicated that he was drinking whiskey and, for whatever reason, instead of the little girl being in bed at 3:00 a.m., he decided to go for a ride after drinking," said Brownstone Township Lt. Robert Grant.
The father is facing felony child abuse charges. The girl was turned over to her grandmother after police couldn't find her mom.
children, alcohol, national/world
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 2 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos