Drunk dad allowed 9-year-old daughter to drive van
MICHIGAN (KGO) -- A Michigan man is being ordered to stay away from his 9-year-old daughter after admitting to letting her drive his van because he was drunk. The incident happened October 8 at 3:00 in the morning at a gas station. It was caught on a surveillance camera.
A witness alerted police that a little girl was pulling up next to the pumps with her dad in the seat beside her. Police followed the vehicle and found the girl driving on a booster seat.
"She indicated that he was drinking whiskey and, for whatever reason, instead of the little girl being in bed at 3:00 a.m., he decided to go for a ride after drinking," said Brownstone Township Lt. Robert Grant.
The father is facing felony child abuse charges. The girl was turned over to her grandmother after police couldn't find her mom.
children, alcohol, national/world
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 59 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos