Zurich most expensive city in the world
ZURICH (KGO) -- San Francisco is an expensive place to live, but it is nothing compared to Zurich.
The Swiss city is now considered the world's most expensive city, overtaking Tokyo. The Economist Intelligence Unit released its latest cost of living survey Wednesday. It compares the prices of things such as food, household supplies, and education.
In the U.S., Los Angeles is the most expensive city coming in 42nd on the list, due mostly to the affluence of Beverly Hills. The second most expensive American cities, New York and Chicago, both ranked 47th. San Francisco comes in 66th.
The survey looked at a total of 131 cities worldwide.
new york, los angeles, national/world
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 32 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 26 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
4 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos