Naked man who stole fire truck charged with murder
PORT ROYAL, S.C. -- Authorities say a naked man who stole a fire truck and drove off, killing a pedestrian and hitting six vehicles, will be charged with murder.
The Island Packet of Hilton Head reports 26-year-old Kalvin Hunt had escaped from a veterans affairs hospital Friday, before the crash. A spokeswoman for Naval Hospital Beaufort would not say what Hunt was being treated for, citing privacy laws.
Bob Beres, a spokesman for the South Carolina Highway Patrol, said Hunt had been served with a murder warrant Tuesday.
Authorities are not sure when Hunt took off his clothes. Police say he sped away in the fire truck, then hit and killed 28-year-old Justin Nicholas Miller before crashing.
Hunt, who struggled with police officers after the crash, is now hospitalized in Charleston.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 2 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case