Castle damaged by fire; smoking boys blamed
SLOVAKIA (KGO) -- The roof of a 14th-century Slovak castle was destroyed by fire and authorities say a grass fire started by two smoking boys is to blame.
Three bells in the bell tower melted and a new goth exhibit were also damaged, but firefighters managed to save 90 percent of the museum's collection.
Police say two local boys, aged 11 and 12, were trying to light a cigarette, but set the grass on the castle hill on fire instead.
fire, smoking, national/world
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Martinez police treating brush fire as crime scene
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry 42 min ago
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops 9 min ago
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos