U.S. Army pilot crashes chopper in Afghanistan
Afghanistan (KGO) -- A U.S. Army pilot may have been trying to show-off in front of his friends before crashing to the ground and nearly hitting troops. The video was posted on Wednesday on YouTube, but this happened in February.
An Apache helicopter comes into view, swoops low over a coalition outpost, then crashes, but there's more.
The chopper then suddenly becomes airborne, and appears to be whirling sideways before crashing again.
The apache was one of two choppers watching over a patrol gathering supplies when it crashed. It was a $20 million chopper.
afghanistan, afghanistan war, national/world
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday