U.S. Army pilot crashes chopper in Afghanistan
Afghanistan (KGO) -- A U.S. Army pilot may have been trying to show-off in front of his friends before crashing to the ground and nearly hitting troops. The video was posted on Wednesday on YouTube, but this happened in February.
An Apache helicopter comes into view, swoops low over a coalition outpost, then crashes, but there's more.
The chopper then suddenly becomes airborne, and appears to be whirling sideways before crashing again.
The apache was one of two choppers watching over a patrol gathering supplies when it crashed. It was a $20 million chopper.
afghanistan, afghanistan war, national/world
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 4 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 1 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 24 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 105-83 in West finals opener
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 25 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos