IRS: Tax returns to average around $3,000
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- The Internal Revenue Service says your refund check should average around $3,000 this year, down just a smidge from 2011.
Last year, refund checks averaged just a bit over $3,000. This year, refund checks are averaging $76 less.
Almost 26 million people have prepared their own electronic returns this year, up 11 percent over last year. To date this year, the IRS has handed out refund checks worth $174 billion.
IRS, taxes, national/world
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 44 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 19 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos