Obama on coaching daughter's basketball team
President Obama wears many hats, and on the weekends, he's "First Coach."
The commander in chief recently talked to ESPN about one of his many dad duties: he volunteers to coach daughter Sasha's basketball team.
Obama says during practice he sticks to the basics, such as dribbling, passing and defense. He says sports are good for kids, especially girls because it builds confidence
Speaking to ESPN's Andy Katz, he said: "With the girls, they just think of it as dad, this is what dads are supposed to do. They take it for granted. And, what was fun, this is now the third year that the team has basically played together -- and to see them all develop, to pick each other up when something's not going well -- you can't beat it."
Obama is a big basketball fan. He played for his high school in Hawaii. Now he just plays regularly for fun and exercise.
barack obama, national/world
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 13 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday