Obama on coaching daughter's basketball team
President Obama wears many hats, and on the weekends, he's "First Coach."
The commander in chief recently talked to ESPN about one of his many dad duties: he volunteers to coach daughter Sasha's basketball team.
Obama says during practice he sticks to the basics, such as dribbling, passing and defense. He says sports are good for kids, especially girls because it builds confidence
Speaking to ESPN's Andy Katz, he said: "With the girls, they just think of it as dad, this is what dads are supposed to do. They take it for granted. And, what was fun, this is now the third year that the team has basically played together -- and to see them all develop, to pick each other up when something's not going well -- you can't beat it."
Obama is a big basketball fan. He played for his high school in Hawaii. Now he just plays regularly for fun and exercise.
barack obama, national/world
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 47 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
44 min ago