Obama on coaching daughter's basketball team
President Obama wears many hats, and on the weekends, he's "First Coach."
The commander in chief recently talked to ESPN about one of his many dad duties: he volunteers to coach daughter Sasha's basketball team.
Obama says during practice he sticks to the basics, such as dribbling, passing and defense. He says sports are good for kids, especially girls because it builds confidence
Speaking to ESPN's Andy Katz, he said: "With the girls, they just think of it as dad, this is what dads are supposed to do. They take it for granted. And, what was fun, this is now the third year that the team has basically played together -- and to see them all develop, to pick each other up when something's not going well -- you can't beat it."
Obama is a big basketball fan. He played for his high school in Hawaii. Now he just plays regularly for fun and exercise.
barack obama, national/world
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 24 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved 19 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 58 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday