Chinese students use IV drops while cramming for test
XIAOGAN, China (KGO) -- In China, surprising pictures showing students hooked up to IV drips while they study for fiercely competitive college entrance exams were posted on Twitter by a fellow student.
The school has confirmed more than 38 seniors have been taking the amino acids for extra nutrients.
However, medical experts say it's unnecessary and potentially dangerous because of the chance of infection.
The exam takes place in a month.
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal 51 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire 49 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos