Mom accused of choking bully speaks out
FLORIDA (KGO) -- A Florida mom accused of choking a boy who bullied her daughter online is telling her side of the story.
Debbie Piscitella told Good Morning America that after her 13-year-old daughter McKenna posted a picture online, a 14-year-old boy responded with dozens of abusive comments. She says that when they ran into the boy at the mall, she just snapped.
"The nasty things he was saying about her, the other things that you can't even say on TV because they were so vulgar. It really got to me," Piscitella said.
"I don't care who you are. If you're an adult, you do not put your hands on a child," said Keysha Tipton, the mother of the alleged bully.
Piscitella is now facing child abuse charges in connection with the incident.
crime, children, national/world
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 6-year-old Union City boy mauled by dog 18 min ago
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack 52 min ago
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday