Study: Work until 70 for comfortable retirement
BOSTON (KGO) -- You should plan on working until at least the age of 70 if you want to guarantee yourself a more comfortable retirement.
That's the conclusion of a new study from the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College. Other findings in the study include that only 30 percent of households can afford to retire at age 62, and that 49 percent can retire at 65, but 86 percent could retire at 70
The study authors say the only alternative is to save more, but the expenses of raising kids, paying for college, and a mortgage make that unlikely.
study, retirement, national/world
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday