Study: Work until 70 for comfortable retirement
BOSTON (KGO) -- You should plan on working until at least the age of 70 if you want to guarantee yourself a more comfortable retirement.
That's the conclusion of a new study from the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College. Other findings in the study include that only 30 percent of households can afford to retire at age 62, and that 49 percent can retire at 65, but 86 percent could retire at 70
The study authors say the only alternative is to save more, but the expenses of raising kids, paying for college, and a mortgage make that unlikely.
study, retirement, national/world
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 52 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 19 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 54 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
52 min ago